Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did a few minor repairs & some adjustments to my seat then took it for a ride.

Started right up.

Ride was excellent. Made me smile for hours after.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
If you are experienced fine, if not I'd recommend at least at least at least a few half hours of putting around an empty parking lot for lunch or so until you get used to the high center of gravity and handling of these. The slower you can putter around and still handle it the better, wouldn't want to drop it through a drive though, would you?

So many like me came off dirt bikes and thought this would be a cake - not so.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Ha! That was exactly my thinking too...and it worked...until I came to my first sharp highway turn. Damn near went off the side of the road cause the back end wouldnt kicked out like I was so used to.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If you are experienced fine, if not I'd recommend at least at least at least a few half hours of putting around an empty parking lot for lunch or so until you get used to the high center of gravity and handling of these. The slower you can putter around and still handle it the better, wouldn't want to drop it through a drive though, would you?

I am fortunate I guess. The only bikes I have ridden for any length of time are my first bike which was a CX 500 and my current GL 500.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Been riding this bike for 2 years now.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I finally took my first ride of the season yesterday, ain't it great? I flushed and filled the rad and brakes, changed the oil, and had to buy a new battery, should have done everything last week but better late than never.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I am fortunate I guess. The only bikes I have ridden for any length of time are my first bike which was a CX 500 and my current GL 500.

The GL500 is my first.. lol I don't count the little Lifan scooter I had

1 - 8 of 8 Posts