Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the day, cool (about 45F) but sunny. Fresh oil change, battery charged, tires and rear suspension up to pressure, the winter's garage dust washed away.

Took a run along my favorite backroads and byways out to Utica and Starved Rock, IL, a leisurely 180 mile round trip. Some high crosswinds but nothing my GL can't handle with ease. No negative issues to report, just a lot of fun twisty backroads and Illinois scenery...yes we do TOO have scenery - lol

I had the Ural rig out a couple weeks ago so it was only fair to share the fresh air and fresh gasoline today with the Honda.

·
Super Moderator
15,409 Posts
70 miles north of you and I had the same experience. I did drive under a few rain clouds that sprinkled on me for a few minutes but otherwise it was good. Still need to wash the bike.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Spent an hour starting it with a freshly charged battery before riding today. Guess fogging the cylinders for storage in October has a down side.

After that the ride was chilly but quite a blast.

Glad to be out of hibernation, but I still have a little pile of snow in the backyard. Hope its gone by tomorrow!

Stan

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Glad to see ya back in here, Randy. I went out yesterday with the intent of making it to Starved Rock, however, THAT FRIGGING WIND!!!! I was rounding a curve just east of Morris, doing about 60 er so, got around 2 open fields and WHACKO!!!!!! Pert-near blew me into the oncoming lane! Thinking right there n then, that THAT was enough for me. Then, my 84 year old Dad called me whilst I was "parts chasing" at Big R's and just cemeted my decision.

Anyways, glad to see ya back.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Went for a ride after adding alittle air to the tires. exhaust seems to be working well, and did some back windy roads then hit the highway for a open session wow big difference in performance from last season. Stay safe and if ya got 2 wheels ride em ( GET R DONE )

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Good idea adding air, if you haven't ridden the bike over the winter don't forget to check the pressure before going for your first ride. My front tire was down to about 25 PSI when I pulled the cx out of the shed a few weeks ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts