Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Fantastic! I am sooooo looking forward to my first real ride.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine's ready except for new paint. Haven't had the time since the weather warmed up. My oldest son graduated high school a few weeks ago and has us (mom and dad), kinda tied up with party, college stuff. . . Every time I walk out the back door (attached garage) I look for my keys. . . . Must be nice, I'M JEALOUS! -Joel

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Looks like there is a third Joel here. Welcome. Always good to get a ride in when you can. Good luck for all and stay safe!

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I logged 136 miles today
Repairs I made a proving to be holding with every mile

It can be tough sometimes keeping up with these Harleys. I'm quick off the line, but 5th gear is a pooch!!!

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Did about a 130 myself yesterday with my pal on his CX500.Both bikes ran superb and pretty warm over here.In fact it's been a long time since I've had any problems with either of my bikes.

There were several packs of,"Esmerledas/Power Rangers"(They look like Quasimodo when they get off their bikes all bent over in silly racing leathers) who were rocketing past at silly speeds.

Don't try and keep up with the bigger Harleys top speeds,you'll catch them up on the bends

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow natedawg! What a motley crew you run with! The weather looked great, we should only be so lucky in washington state.... I did notice that there wasnt any brain buckets in the photos though...

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
No gloves no helmets no jackets. Just tee shirts and jeans.

Well you know they don't require an IQ test to ride. Lots of that around Milwaukee but I still wear full gear.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
To each his own. Half the time I do, half the time I don't.

Maybe you're not spending enough time with the bike.

If you're religious maybe you can change some of the words of the serenity prayer to work in your favor.

O Honda and Heavenly Motorcycle,

Grant to us the serenity of mind to accept that helmets should be worn; courage to wear gear at all times, and wisdom to know the one from the other, through Motorcycles our Honda, Vroom Vroom.

Yeah I'm going to hell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.