Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JWNovaman wanted the spare H-Box for his bike to modify so I tossed it in my backpack and rode it up to him, about 43 miles up the interstate. Going up I did about 60 mph coming back I cruised at 65, the bike ran great, the right carb was dribbling out the vent on bottom when I stopped at the rest area 20 miles up but stopped after that so I think the float was just being a little sticky. I also noticed the clutch well slip a little in 5th gear but aside from that is was a good ride, not a lot of traffic and no one tried to kill me. When I got back I filled it up again, 87 miles and 1.7 gallons or 48 mpg which isn't too bad considering it was dribbling gas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
it was good to see you on the bike at last. I know it feels good to ride when you built it and know what you have.

·
Registered
122 Posts
JWNovaman wanted the spare H-Box for his bike to modify so I tossed it in my backpack and rode it up to him, about 43 miles up the interstate. Going up I did about 60 mph coming back I cruised at 65, the bike ran great, the right carb was dribbling out the vent on bottom when I stopped at the rest area 20 miles up but stopped after that so I think the float was just being a little sticky. I also noticed the clutch well slip a little in 5th gear but aside from that is was a good ride, not a lot of traffic and no one tried to kill me. When I got back I filled it up again, 87 miles and 1.7 gallons or 48 mpg which isn't too bad considering it was dribbling gas.

Good job Ohm. I'm glad to hear that the trip went well and your bike didn't leave you stranded on I-5 somewhere(if you took I-5.) It would be great to have you up for a ride sometime before the summer ends and the rains come to town. Mount St. Helens anyone?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be fun, get a couple of the local guys together and run up Hood.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went for another 83 mile ride, this time all back roads and rural highways
I snapped a photo at the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum, where the Spruce Goose is currently roosting, with my phone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cool.

You might like this vid,

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IZtrNohb4I[/media]

nice what did you film that on? Was thinking of doing this myself I would use my Canon 7D but will have to work out how to fix it somehow..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got a nice ride in myself today. Beautiful weather, bike was running great (except for her gusher of an oil leak, but that's nothing new. I am a little more motivated to fix it now though.)

If you're ever in San Diego, highway 94 to Otay Lakes Road is a great ride. A few curves, nice view, and lots fruit stands and restaurants to stop at. Having lunch right now at Aunt Emma's Pancake House in Chula Vista.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Got a nice ride in myself today. Beautiful weather, bike was running great (except for her gusher of an oil leak, but that's nothing new. I am a little more motivated to fix it now though.)

If you're ever in San Diego, highway 94 to Otay Lakes Road is a great ride. A few curves, nice view, and lots fruit stands and restaurants to stop at. Having lunch right now at Aunt Emma's Pancake House in Chula Vista.

That sounds nice. San Diego and the surrounding areas are so nice and the weather is always perfect. I'm heading out for a ride this afternoon with another forum member. Yeah! Ride safe.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I found an old Camera case that fitted my now old Samsung A400.Cut out some holes for the lens and controls and a little square for the viewer.Then super-glued some Velcro to it and some above the left breast of my Fabric Bike jacket.Just stuck it on there but also had a wrist strap cord that I locked into my Jacket Top pocket just in case it came away.

I bought one of these,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MD80-Mini-DV-...ctronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item2308e0ea2e

and an 4 gig Class 6 Micro SD card.It gives a better picture than the Samsung but can't get a good position to record so far.

I should have bought a pair of these,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-DV-DVR-S...7?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item4cef935dd9

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Went for another 83 mile ride, this time all back roads and rural highways
I snapped a photo at the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum, where the Spruce Goose is currently roosting, with my phone.

Ohm,

Did you get to go inside the water-park at Evergreen???

I didn't have my camera handy to get a photo of it in July, but the water-park is really impressive ... a 747 on top of a building as high as the one in the photo. The people get to go up to the top of the 747 and then slide all the way to the ground floor!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So that's what that is, I hadn't been over there for about a year so that building was new to me, I have been in the others though, I well have to take my swim trunks next time them

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nothing like stretching a new bikes legs. Congrats! I've got about 2000 miles on my "new" one this summer, and 725 of that was in 2.5 days. Just haven't had the time to ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts