Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a 1978 CX500 in storage for a number of years -- picked it up really cheap some years ago, and I've been waiting for my son to be old enough to work on and ride it. Well, that time has come. It needs some general maintenance, which we can handle. But I also need some parts and am having some difficulty either finding them or a reputable source. Specifically, I need a shift lever (the old one is bending, no doubt metal fatigue), and a front brake piston and rubber seal. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome guys !!

Shifter pedals are around on E-Bay. You can widen your search to

'78

'79 Deluxe

'80 Deluxe

'81 Deluxe

The part number you're looking for is 24700-415-000

Look up your local Honda Parts Dealer website enter in your bike and BOOKMARK that page. You can use it to cross reference a ton of part numbers.

You can either source it from Honda, I know the one near me has them available for 33 bucks, E-bay, or even local salvage yards. Be careful not to buy one that ends up looking just like the one you have!! I did that... the picture looked pretty good and 10 bucks free shipping seemed great, but it wasn't.

For the Brake Caliper

I've heard TAS and Sirius mentioned a lot around here with good feedback.

Georgefix's Motorcycle Parts also has lots of loyal fans.

Look throughout the Quick Reference section

and maybe finish off your "profile" with your location and bike info on the 'signature' line -- it helps to know where you live (...not in a creepy way)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.