Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

two years before I finished the project cx 500 cafe racer.

In the last 6 month I build the bobber. The basic is a CX500 C PC01 from 1981. The special things are:

- spoke Wheels; in Front with a 130 tire

- fork bridges, 5 Degree strained

- many things are polished

- everything is new painted

Yesterday I start the engine - it's a good sound.

Many greatings from Germany

Sven

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
Wonderful craftsmanship! Eye pleasing indeed. Welcome aboard.

Joel in the Couve

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
You know we have been looking for that company for years now so we can buy or duplicate them.

I'm curious how much they cost. So I guess i'll be looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello,

sorry, the two days I had no time to answer.

Please are indulgently with me - my English is not good - i learned it in school from 1978 to 1984 and now it's rusted. The problem for me is to understand the tecnical terms. I hope you understand me.

I buy the spoke wheels, fork bridges and close ups for the forward control last year on a big fear for bikes in Colonia. I was searching the last 4 years for this parts. It was luck for me to get them. The parts are now about 10 years old and realy new. Nobody wanted to have this parts. Crazy, or?

All parts are a special product from the German factory "Motorrad Burchard". I'll visit the factory on the next Saturday with the bike to proof it. In Germany I need a special paper to get the plate and the insurance.

I'll ask them, if they produced the spoke wheels (rear and front seperated), the fork bridges and close ups. Also I ask them, how much the parts cost. Maybe I need another Spoke wheel for the front for the next project. The special is the sice 16 Zoll with a 130 tire - the same sice like the rear wheel. I'll tell you more on the next weekend.

I believe that the rear spoke wheel consists of the following parts:

- the rim is from Harley in the sice 16 Zoll

- the Drive (Diferenzial) is from the original Honda rim

Motorrad Burchard assembles these parts.

If someone perhaps wanted to offer some parts I'll can help you. If more people possibly will have the parts it'll not so much cost. It's only a Thougt from me -but I mean it serious.

My heart strikes for this Bike. Also my wife and my daughter is inspired. We are a crazy bike family. We have 2 sidecars and some Honda CX ( CX650C -complete original; CX500 cafe, CX 500 C from 1981 - build in 2006; now this finished project, and a new project for the next winter - CX 500 C also from 1981- for this bike I search in the next month for ideas) - and a Moto Guzzi cafe and a TDM900 for driving by all weather.

I attach 2 picture from the close up to this Mail and other bikes.

Many geatings from Germany

Sven

"Please explain me, what is the meaning of LOL - posted from Abes_CW. I cant find a translation. Thanks."

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey neighbour

I'm from Germany, too.

LOL stands for "laughing out loud"

Your bike is really beautiful, maybe I will see her on the road.

Good luck for the technical inspection on saturday, those TÜV-guys are pretty strict from time to time.

You mean "hub" (Radnabe) with "the Drive (Diferenzial)", right?

Bye

Thomas

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.