Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. I was wondering where I can currently find replacement spark plug cap/boots. I have read the threads on rebuilding the stock ones, however...mine are busted up and need to find new boots. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
183 Posts
Check out tas classic motor sports phone number is 260-563-6937

I think someone found them here. And everything is free shipping right now

·
Registered
595 Posts
You can get straight spark plug caps that will work, and you can even get the rain boots to fit over the top, but I can't recall how well the original spark plug wires will reach. I think that they will, though it'll be a bit tight. Go to your local AutoZone or NAPA or something and find the longest that you can, and ask them for everything necessary to put them together as well. I think that all of the ones that are sold by auto stores crimp onto the spark plug wires, but it should work just the same. The straight screw-in NGK type do work as well, but you just have to track them down.

·
Super Moderator
23,734 Posts
You can get straight spark plug caps that will work, and you can even get the rain boots to fit over the top, but I can't recall how well the original spark plug wires will reach. I think that they will, though it'll be a bit tight. Go to your local AutoZone or NAPA or something and find the longest that you can, and ask them for everything necessary to put them together as well. I think that all of the ones that are sold by auto stores crimp onto the spark plug wires, but it should work just the same. The straight screw-in NGK type do work as well, but you just have to track them down.
This wouldn't be too bad with TI bikes as on these you can replace the leads.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Several US members have bought these UK none resistor type plugs caps and use,"R" rated NGK Resistor plugs,

http://www.pdsrecording.site90.com/cxgl500/Plugs.htm

Wemoto are a reputable supplier well know internationally and it's worth looking at their other CX/GL500 stuff they have for service part you may need in the future like gear leaver oil seals/Rear case Water pump oil seals etc.

HTH

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Any of the online Honda dealers will have them. If you print out your best price online (about $20), most local Honda dealers will match the price and you don't have to pay any shipping. discounthondaparts.com gives forum members a 10% discount if you mention this board in the comments section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.