Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok hello everyone quick question, I bought Valvoline hp 80w-90 gear oil is this good for the final drive? and after draining any old fluid is it a good idea to spray some carb or brake cleaner in there to get out any goop if any before i replace the oil ? first time i am doing this so i want to ask before i fudge something up lol thanks everyone

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
no Jay,just turn the wheel backwards,youl get another litre out

just drain and refill at every oil change...good to go

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Hahaha thanks Bandit ok no spraying stuff in there simple out simples in LMAO your funny maybe that was a silly question i asked hahaha
no,not silly,i was serious....ok,except the litre bit.try it,when you think you have drained,turn the wheel backwards

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Will do Bandit thanks.. hey a little humor is always welcome hahaha helps keep the day interesting got my 10 yr old out with me he wants to help lol
spooooky,i just spoke to my babies in the uk[ok,32 years old] so im happy as well.plus had a great day on sunflower......found the fairing carrier.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did the seals and fluid in the forks a month ago Bandit,

SBO i have to buy a grease gun friday when i get paid i did see the fitting though thats next on the list
will have to check with the brother in law he should have grease gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.