Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals, I have been removing parts off my parts bike (amazing huh!! lol). How the heck do you get the fan shroud off? Do you have to remove the fan or what?

Thanks a bunch.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
You have to take the bolts out holding the engine brackets. It's a bolt and a stud on each side for the cx but could be different for the gl.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
On #13 and #11 there are two holes facing forward. Those are the bolts or nuts that you have to take off to get #8 off.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have all four of those nuts off, but something seems to be binding at the top of the shroud (8). I am guessing that it is the rubber part. Maybe I just need to keep pulling.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I have all four of those nuts off, but something seems to be binding at the top of the shroud (8). I am guessing that it is the rubber part. Maybe I just need to keep pulling.
Stubby,same procedure for the gl.

you have a rubber deflector up at the top.also your temperature wire runs through it,make sure its unplugged

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Ahh that must be export models only Shep

we don need no stinkin rad shrouds

I've whipped a few off and some were easy as they had been 'lightened' by PO's while some were original and had all that rubber deflector stuff at top rear which made removal a bit fiddly.

IIRC the tacho cable runs through it and I think the wire to the oil light switch may too

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Ahh that must be export models only Shep

we don need no stinkin rad shrouds

Ah.You get cocky now Efan boy<Grin>

PS

I also love the fact I can get my rad off in seconds without having to fight with ruddy mech fans and shrouds

Makes getting to the front engine cover/Tacho etc a doddle.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Yep I threw the shroud away last week and remembered to fit a connector near the rad

for the fan, so removal should be swift and painless.

Mine are just Car bullet connectors sprayed with ACF50 or dielectric grease slapped on.Very fast removal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.