several years ago. It leaves a hole in your heart. Although they are departed
I feel them with me everyday in my heart and on my mind, never to be forgotten
and always missed.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I share your misfortune, Knute ...

Dad : October 13 , 2009 ( at 80 years )

Mom : September 5 , 2013 ( at 81 years )

I am also acutely aware that I am not a boy, and definately nobody's son anymore, for the past 7 years, and finally the last 3 years. :(

·
Registered
272 Posts
My sincere condolences. I hope you can find comfort in the fact that they are resting in peace now.

Many of us are parent-less at this time in our lives. I lost my Father (WWII Purple Heart) to Prostate Cancer in the late 90's, and my loving Mother two years ago to Pneumonia, she was in her 80's. My only regret is that I didn't spend much time with my Mother after my Father passed away. There was great distance between us, I was too busy with my career, and traveling a thousand miles or more between my homes to visit with her was very difficult. However, if I had to do that over again, believe me, I would in a HEARTBEAT. I'd probably have moved closer to her in hindsight. The loss is hard to deal with, but it is OUR loss, not theirs. They are at peace. We carry on, with the memories of loved ones past. Hopefully fond memories.

My Father used to say, "Life is For the Living. Shrouds have no pockets. Live your life and enjoy it before it is too late." Wise words.

-3Sport

1 - 5 of 5 Posts