Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don't think so. The fairing on the GL1000 should be a Vetter part. The cover from a factory GL1100 will fit though as they are the same fairing.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Question? Will a left side fairing cover, leather with snaps, off of a 197x GL 1000 fit a 1982 GL 500 left side?

Welcome to the Board! I see from your info you live just west of me! We'll need to keep you in the loop on a Missouri state meetup some time this year (during warm weather).

All of this depends on which fairing you have installed. Hondaline? Vetter? You may want to post some pics and let some of the other's chime in (I don't own a GL but could make a feeble attempt to guess!)

Seems to me that one could be made with vinyl and some snaps if you don't readily find what you are looking for.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
If you can't find one don't forget that anyone with sewing skills and a hammer for pounding on the snaps can make one. Just make a template out of cardboard and where all the snap holes go and run with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will as soon as I pick it up. I am not sure which fairing. I am sure that it is factory but if they used both I am not sure the difference. Will know more after I get the bike home. thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Didn't someone mention that honda didn't make fairings back then and therefore Vetter fairings were installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.