·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
He’ll sell you one, if you want .

·
Registered
690 Posts
Oh, and a bike breaker local to me, can’t move for all the spare CX dunstall type rear tailpipes he has here. He bought a job lot of about 10 pairs, brand new, boxed.
No one wants them anymore!
a few years ago side covers were bout $10....an expensive one $30maybe
Now German breakers sell them at bout $130AUD (60GBP) on ebay...
Supply and demand changes quickly....Ive thrown out old Castrol oil cans....only to see them at the antique shop for $40 (bout 20GBP.....)

·
Super Moderator
21,267 Posts
The truth is you can't give away a standard sidecover here.

I have listed them on ebay with free postage and a buy it now that just covers that postage.

I still have them.

500C is a little different.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The truth is you can't give away a standard sidecover here.

I have listed them on ebay with free postage and a buy it now that just covers that postage.

I still have them.

500C is a little different.
If you have stds with good tabs.and u dont want em...Ill take em:) (at fair price +post)

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'd be more than happy putting on a stock exhaust but they aren't cheap either. Maybe that is why i've seem more than one CX with a car cherry bomb muffler on it! LOL

·
Registered
967 Posts
Reactions: soggz68

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I thought so too but thought the shipping from UK may be a sticking point.
Yeah, be dear. Murrays upswepts pipes cost me £30.00 just to get ‘em here, let alone the cost of ‘em!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I’ll find out.
If as you say "Dunstall type" sounds like they are aftermarket....and of course not real Dunstalls.

Theres some ugly OEM ones on ebay.....as here.

·
Super Moderator
21,267 Posts
"Dunstall style" makes me think emgo. They come in long and short. They work but sound .... cheap.

I used a set on the CB450 I sold Rob. These were the long ones .... and were disappointingly loud. Not just loud but not a nice sound either.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
I think it's the Emgos I've heard about rusting out after a couple seasons. I think the Harley take-offs are a much better option in that regard. Chasing weight savings, I think I'd adapt a quality, baffled slip-on, or a custom job in stainless. Of course, I have no experience with either of those, yet.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts