Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a full exhaust system to sell for reasonable cost?

I can only weld up mine so many times... :(

I'm in S. Wales.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I‘m finishing a build and I only used the front exaust pipes. The joiner and mufflers are available if you’d like them. Shipping from Louisiana

·
Registered
CX500B 1979 and 2004 BMW F650GS
76 Posts
Is it a financial reason you’re not getting silencers and collector box from David Silver?
There’s also an Italian company selling a stainless steel collector box to suit.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because 2nd hand exhaust parts should be cheaper? :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’m not made of money, I’ve just shied away from S/H exhausts, except Keihin stainless for obvious reasons.
I guess if the part looked rust free, then maybe.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was unfortuante to miss out on a whole exhaust system in Surrey (?) for £80 on e-Bay. I should have jumped at it immediately but didn't... The central box is what I require most - the flanges for overlapping onto silencers have now rotten away... :( They've disapeared somewhere...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I would pay the money for stainless downpipes that are longer and eliminate the h-box, but suppliers I've found do not have a standard lateral fitment for standard position/use of original silencers, but they all seem to have an upward flick for café style which is disappointing..

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’m new to the CX and noticed two things. I need to remove the left silencer to remove the rear wheel. Had that with many bikes that have aftermarket pipes.
I had to remove the whole exhaust system to drain the coolant. The lower screws for the rad guard were in line with the down pipes. A 90 degree screw driver would have done it, but then again, removing the system gave me chance to maintenance check more of the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts