Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used TK COLOURSPRAY - SPRAY PAINTS FOR ENGINES 400ml - MERCURY BLACK on the engine and it works well. After getting the mufflers blasted I used this paint on them too. I did not use primer as instructions on tin were vague and I was not aware of a heat resistant primer. I did however use VHT paint similar to BBQ paint but aerosol, instead of a primer. The top coat of TK has not survived, and is peeling off at the base of the mufflers. The BBQ paint under it is ok. Does anyone know of a suitable paint? I would rather not use the BBQ paint as it is very matt.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Lindemann 401990 Forrest Paint Satin Black Stove Bright

I think Satin finish is as close as you are going to get to gloss.

Otherwise, you are going to have to have it powder coated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. The Lindemann 401990 Forrest Paint Satin Black Stove Bright, is not available here in the UK. Powder coat should look cool. Used it a lot but never on exhausts. Has anyone used it? Should have said I was from UK but could not find an option to display that.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I just had my exhaust manifold powdercoated with a special high temp type this past fall. I have not ridden it enough to be able to determine how well it is going to hold up. The guy who did it stands by his work, so I'm not too worried about it. On the mufflers I used Dupli-Color DE1634 low gloss black engine enamel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.