Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if antone has links on where to get custom exaust or rear fenders plz send it to me thanx

·
Registered
209 Posts
if you want a custom exhaust for a CX then your most likely going to have to make it or shell out 300 bucks for a MAC exhaust on ebay.

The CX is an old honda. If you want like a chopper exhaust or something like a new harley...then you going to have to do some serious welding.

·
Registered
851 Posts
My two into one self made ceramic and jet hot coated. ADDED notes: the system is stepped once in the primairies then up in the collector and then again exit from the collector. Another trick is the first part (2") off the head is machined from heavy wall tubing so as to not require any gaskets Port matched. This is not a simple system. I went to Mid_Ohio swap meet and scrounged a sport bike Carbon slip-on (that had been crashed) for a muffler. Only paid $24.00 cuz it was damaged on one end I cut it down from 15" to 12" which is what I wanted anyway. It's light weight, looks cool on my pipes and sound good too. nice combo.

Cheers, 50gary

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
My two into one self made ceramic and jet hot coated. I went to Mid_Ohio swap meet and scrounged a sport bike Carbon slip-on (that had been crashed) for a muffler. Only paid $24.00 cuz is was damaged on one end I cut it down from 15" to 12" which is what I wanted anyway. It's light weight, looks cool on my pipes and sound good too. nice combo.

Cheers, 50gary

50gary, more info/pics please
I want to make my gl a little more sporty, and a 2-into-1 is one thing on my list (whenever I am un-broke anyway). got any recordings of the sound?

·
Registered
851 Posts
50gary, more info/pics please
I want to make my gl a little more sporty, and a 2-into-1 is one thing on my list (whenever I am un-broke anyway). got any recordings of the sound?

No I havn't made any YOUTUBE videos yet. I would like to. It sounds just the way I hoped it would. CX engines sound good to me anyway so a nice exhaust system only enhances it.

Cheers, 50gary

·
Registered
422 Posts
yeah I really like the under-seat setup. I would love to do it as well, but I would just have a single oval outlet I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts