Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any members there shed some light into this matter...I ordered a speedo cable for my Eurosport 650 via E bay seller and when it arrived it proved to be too short...old one is 94cm and new one was 88cm.

I have looked on E bay and the all the non OEM ones advertised for the 650 CX seem to be 88cm long so wonder why mine is different ??? Did they change the cable at any time to reflect longer forks I wonder ? ...mine is an October 1983 model by the way.

Thank you chaps in advance of some assistance on this issue. Always appreciate the expertese available on this forum.

·
Registered
CX500EC Eurosport 1982
62 Posts
I wonder if they sent you a 650 Custom one by mistake. Was it definitely advertised for the 650 Euro? Not even sure if they would be different lengths but it’s a possibility ... perhaps.

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,525 Posts
I wonder if they sent you a 650 Custom one by mistake. Was it definitely advertised for the 650 Euro? Not even sure if they would be different lengths but it’s a possibility ... perhaps.
The C has longer forks than the E so I'd expect it's speedometer cable to be longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts