Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1982 CX500 motor on a 1981 GL frame
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I started pulling the carbs apart on my bike. Upon closer inspection it looks like there is epoxy around the fuel sets. I haven’t wanted to go too much further as I wanted to get the thoughts from some others as to the best course of action with this? I will be receiving in the mail in the coming days a wonderful manual written my Larry, I have some concern this may not be covered?
Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Man that's ugly. Looks like J-B weld I would use a low flame propane torch to flake off as much as possible. no telling how deep that coating goes inside the. transfer pipes. good luck getting them apart. Use the correct O-rings on re-assembly

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

·
Registered
1982 CX500 motor on a 1981 GL frame
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, got everything cleaned up. Was able to chip away enough with a pick that I was able to pull the fuel and vacuum lines out. Cleaned everything up in the ultrasonic cleaner, stripped the carbs down and rebuilt them with the guidance of Larry’s manual. No way I could have done this work without that! Installed back on the bike tonight and it fired right up! Going to sync everything tomorrow night when I get the time to spend on it. Thanks for all the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts