Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a conversation from this old thread

July 3 will be enormous at Ephrata if the weather is good. I used to go there just about every month but have not been able to this year. Perhaps in July!

I plan on riding the turbo, if the weather is dry...anyone else thinking going?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm planning on attending. Will be riding my GL650 Trike.
Gonna try to park near the coffee stand since I try to get there about 8:30am.Mmm, trying to think how to know me.......OH, I got a Falmouth Goat Racing t-shirt (sorta a fchia color??) so I'll wear that SO you know who I am!!!

LT2

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Everyone, it's been a real crazy spring for me. I talked to my wife and we are planning on hitting Ephrata this sunday. It has been a while and it would be really good to catch up with some of you. We will be riding two up on the red CX500C. Hope to see you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hope the turnout is not hindered by the overcast weather and thunderstorms in the forecast for today. My house back to Rt 272 one of the main roads to Ephrata from points north and I have not heard many bikes this morning....

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I woke up and saw a band of thunderstorms on the radar, so decided to sit out and see what transpired...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, me and mr. softie made it there. Had a nice chat with Steve till about 11:00 (great to meet ya Steve!!) and then wanted to head home.......via a lonnng route. Been busy the last couple days/weeks and haven't had much chance to ride nothing more than errands stuff. The GL650 trike is getting better for gas mileage/performance/handling. Taking steps to improve further, just waiting for some parts/pieces.

Woulda liked to see wildmanwill's Turbo but I understand about getting bikes wet. But I only experienced a few drops of moisture on the windshield coming over from York and a few sprinkle's that went away.

LT2

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I missed you guys. It has gotten wet before and not melted. I'm just not big on riding in thunderstorms. Maybe in September I will be come out. By the time I would have gotten there today I may have possibly missed you. Was it well attended or did the weather seem to hinder things some?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Turnout at First Sunday was lower than if the weather had been more promising for sure, but still a lot of people showed up on every type of two and three wheeled conveyance. I was planning on leaving my place for Ephrata at 7am but it was raining steady. I spent an hour tweaking my bike and the rain stopped so I headed out for the 1 1/2 hour ride to Ephrata via the "shortest route" which was rural highways the whole way. I got a few sprinkles along the way but did not need the rain gear. Had a nice time chatting with Littletrike2 and admiring his GL650 trike. Nice work! Ephrata is a good chance to meet new people and I am glad I made the trip. I split a little after noon, and though it was sunny and hot and humid by then I had a nice ride home. Here is a pic of Littletrike2's very nice GL650 trike...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.