Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Engine/Transmission cover pipe - cx500t vs cx650t

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  edinlr 
#1 ·

In the figure above, you can see the CX650T (and actually standard CX650s) have this short nipple sort of thing on the pipe. When I cover one end of the pipe and blow into the other end, air passes out of this nipple at the junction of the nipple and the bigger diameter pipe. Can anyone tell me what this nipple is for and is this normal behavior? Is it suppose to leak at low pressure and maybe seal with increasing pressure?

Why on the cx650 but not on the cx500?

See less See more
#2 ·

Hello John,
The small pipe you mention is the forward oil jet nozzle. This nozzle/hole squirts oil on the underside of the piston tool cool it.
On the CX500 Turbo there was enough room to mount 2 separate nozzles inside the crankshaft case. On the CX650 Turbo because of the increased piston diameter there was on the forward end not enough room and they incorporated the nozzle with the main oil feed pipe.

#3 ·
Pim's reply above is why I wish he was my next door neighbor! He could cut my build times in half with the wealth of knowledge that he has.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.