Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 1982 cx500 custom bobber. Blew my engine, not sure what yet but it seized up solid. Question I have is: I have found a 79 cx5 which runs perfectly and am wondering if it (the engine) will fit into my 82? Anyone know? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much, I should be able to handle that. My bike was running fine, was riding home and about the time I got her warmed up it seized! The fluids are all fine, and plugs looked good song tried I. The morning to start- fired right up and as soon as it warmed up it locked up again. I am not sure what's going on!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
You say fluids are fine, but have you checked the radiator is full, and not just the expansion bottle? If the water pump has nothing to pump, the engine will get hot quicker than with coolant, and will seize when it gets too hot. Have you got a temperature gauge fitted?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes, radiator is totally full... first thing i looked at. I figure a parts bike is a good idea so I think i am going to pick one up maybe just do an engine swap... I can't get it to move now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts