Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that the test was overly challenging but worth practicing, here is a compilation of all the tests and size of the stop box.

Took the bike on the highway for the first time! It was interesting and full of challenges for sure.

Fun to think I can stay out after dark!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
A great feeling and a great accomplishment. Many fear that test. Many have ridden for years without a license. Glad you are not one of them! You will never fear a check point or need to find an alternate route.
Congrats.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well done man, 5 years ago for me the other day. Feels great doesn't it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got my drivers license and cycle endorsement at the same time when I was 16 years old. Now I'm 52. Shoot, I don't remember if I had to take a road test back then or not? Come to think of it, there's a whole section of time of my teen years I don't remember much of. . . .
-Joel

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Congtratulations :) Was it the test for the M1 or the full M ? Did my M! one 3 years ago and damn near failed it. Its bad enough you have to do tests on a course, but the added pressure doesnt help. Had about 80 people there (was a course followede by the M1 test on the second day), but when you 2nd last and have to watch as people hit the fail point mark, then have to get off the bike and push it back to the shed (they provided the bikes). After watching more than 1/2 the class fail I lost all composure and messed up the first section (riding in a curve just a bit bigger than the tires, starting from a stop into a sharp 90. After this one, I was 1 point from failing. Got lucky and aced the rest (doesnt help when your snot nosed kid breazes through it and is waiting at the end to see if you choke lol)

Hope the final M test is only on the road lol

·
Registered
915 Posts
I got my drivers license and cycle endorsement at the same time when I was 16 years old. Now I'm 52. Shoot, I don't remember if I had to take a road test back then or not? Come to think of it, there's a whole section of time of my teen years I don't remember much of. . . .
-Joel

Don't worry about not remembering. When my kids reflect on my age, the often ask "Had sound been invented yet when you were a kid Dad"? And I am only 50. Ride on and enjoy!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Congratulations on the license. Wahoo!!!

Looks like the exact course that the state of Georgia required. Have fun and ride safe!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts