Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a stater from this company, and have my rear cover apart, and am realizing now that there are 6 wires while my new stater has only 3 yellow wires. What happened to the blue, green, and (assuming) white??

photo.JPG

Do I have to swap them over?

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Also did anyone recognize to these burning tips on this Part (I don't know what its called)??

photo 1(1).JPG photo 2(1).JPG photo 3.JPG

·
Super Moderator
21,136 Posts
The new starter is a 'charge only' G8 usually not used for CDI ignitions as it is missing the ignition powering coils, - hence the missing wires. It can be used with an ignitech but won't run stock CDI.

The 'burned tips' are on your advance coils. This is from the manufacturing process and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what ignitech is... hahaha .. i'm just trying to figure out what those other wires do, and if they're needed if i were to go ignitech..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just talked to a REP from Electro sport and he mentioned Pulser Coil?? Is that the ignition power coils??

The ignitech seems a bit too much, i'd rather keep it simple and go with the CDI version.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like I might just return this Electro Sport stater...

Anyone know where I can get the right one?!?!?

Would anyone recommend getting a used one?? Theres a bike shop down the street that has used ones pulled from other CX bikes..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts