Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When trying to start on a freshly charged brand new battery and you get no crank at all but you have all lights working the first place you check is to make sure you have power to the starter right? I did that and no juice to the starter. where would I look next?

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Use a large Flat blade screwdriver and with the ignition ON short across the two lager terminals on the Starter Solenoid,

The two under the rubber cover on my UK CXs in this thread and also then look to replacing the main fuse holder,

http://globalcxglvtwins.hostingdelivered.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27

Even if they look good they can cause no end of trouble being 30 years old etc.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
When trying to start on a freshly charged brand new battery and you get no crank at all but you have all lights working the first place you check is to make sure you have power to the starter right? I did that and no juice to the starter. where would I look next?
can you hear a click,down by your left leg?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
lol,your a fast typer tonight shep

·
Registered
724 Posts
i had this problem too so i'm going to give you all the dumb things that i found that were wrong.

is the bike in neutral or clutch in?

is your engine cut off switch set to run?

the most likely failure is that solenoid fuse. i put in an auto reset breaker because i had so many little hicups that wouldn't let it start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.