Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could really use some feedback. I bought a CX500 Custom with rear turn indicators that simultaneously flashed weakly when switch to the right or left positions. All grounds checked out. The former owner had a 5A fuse in the main fuse. I replaced it with a 30A and it blew when I turned the key to the ACC position. The engine started, but the problem remained. I left the engine running and replaced the fuse. I then heard a crackle near one of the spark units. Now, the engine won't start. I don't have the necessary test equipment, but suspect I may have caused or expedited the fatality of one of the spark units. Recommendations?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I could really use some feedback. I bought a CX500 Custom with rear turn indicators that simultaneously flashed weakly when switch to the right or left positions. All grounds checked out. The former owner had a 5A fuse in the main fuse. I replaced it with a 30A and it blew when I turned the key to the ACC position. The engine started, but the problem remained. I left the engine running and replaced the fuse. I then heard a crackle near one of the spark units. Now, the engine won't start. I don't have the necessary test equipment, but suspect I may have caused or expedited the fatality of one of the spark units. Recommendations?
hi Don,and a warm welcome from spain...recomendations start with....

put your bikes details into your signiture line.also your location.

you will need a multi meter,they are cheap to buy.

here is a good site for electric troubleshooting and well worth a bookmark.

http://www.genebitsystems.com/david/MotorcycleElectrical/index.htm

the experts will be in soon to help you out

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Bandit,

Thanks so much for the information! I'm corresponding with you from Yelm, WA. It's located approximately 25 miles NE of Olympia, WA, the state capital. Thanks, again!
Hi Don,i know where you are ,nearly due south of seattle.put this info,and your bikes details,including its year in your signiture line.it will show up automatically every time you post.

your main fuse will be 20amp or 30 amp depending on the year.

have you done the fuse mod. to make it easy to replace http://globalcxglvtwins.hostingdelivered.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.