Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on ebay. Can't afford to spend any money right now but someone else might be able to use it. Its a puller not a pusher fan so it would be a bit more difficult to install. My link

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
do you know what fans will work, or what the requirements are for one to work?

If you see my link there's loads of options.The US Ebay ones are about 3 times the cost over here hence I went with Ducati fans 2nd hand.Use the search option as there's some of use guys used Ninja fans as well.

Those 7" ones will work a treat.They will fit nicely inside the Rad cowling.Those pages that advertise those ones give a high wattage/current use for their largest but I suspect the smaller ones are much less.The Ducati fans I use only draw 2 amps.As the fans are rarely on there's no charging issues and I also fitted LED Stop/Tail lights to reduce the load on my old systems anyway.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I saw that, was just wondering if there was an amount of amperage you want to stay under, good size, rpms maybe. I've been looking for the Ducati fan on ebay, but don't see many of em going very cheap, and am trying to find all the alternatives, and didn't know how much research you've done on fans in general, if you knew that say a yamaha R6 fan would be good or whatever, I haven't done my own research, but I've read the threads you and others have posted

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I saw that, was just wondering if there was an amount of amperage you want to stay under, good size, rpms maybe. I've been looking for the Ducati fan on ebay, but don't see many of em going very cheap, and am trying to find all the alternatives, and didn't know how much research you've done on fans in general, if you knew that say a yamaha R6 fan would be good or whatever, I haven't done my own research, but I've read the threads you and others have posted

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
This is the same as the ones I use,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Duca...6536634QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I have chopped/ground a couple of mil off the end of my Cam shafts to make them fit easier now as I'll never go back to Mech fans.However I tested using a couple of washers inside the Mech fan and could,if I so wished,still retro fit a Mech fan even with the couple of mil off the cam-shaft so it's a no lose situation

·
Registered
22 Posts
The fans shown on the ebay link that Shep posted give a dimension of 7x7x3. Does 3 inches interfere with the camshaft? My bike is in pieces or I would check it out myself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used a ZX6 Ninja fan (I think from the mid 90's) that went right on with radiator clips from an auto parts store. Little bending with my thumb so it didn't rub, hooked it up to a toggle and a fuse and, with the exception of the fan wire once grounding out on me and not turning off, no problems. Although sometimes I think a thermostatic switch would be nice. Maybe this summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.