Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Electric fan conversion, searching for a specific bit of info

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  NightBiker07 
#1 ·
Ok, I converted to electric two years ago, and I believe I used Shep's write up on the topic. I cannot find that write up, and I cannot remember which electric fan I wound up using. I kknow it was the most popular choice at the time I did the conversion, and it required me to cut off the end of the camshaft. I believe it was a Kawasaki Ninja 600 fan, but I am not sure :/

#3 ·
The link gives me a "general error". maybe the site is down? I searched Shep's site before posting here, and couldnt find it. I'll try the link tonight. Can someone confirm that the link doesnt work? could just be my PC.

#5 ·
Ahh. I'm pretty sure I used the Ducati 916 fan. I hope the fan has some kind of ID marks on it. If/when it dies, I want to replace it with the exact same thing, as the mounts I made are welded to the steel.

#8 ·
id love to get more info on the screw in temp switch that i saw on another thread... anybody have any info on that... i have a 96 ninja fan mounted but i never wired it to a temp switch... i have a toggle switch to manually controll it but id rather have it wired in

#11 ·
Just wired mine back in today

I use an 80C switch on a relay to control the fan.

It isnt the simplest method but I figured that it will last longer

switching 130 milliamps to a relay coil than the full current of the fan motor.

As I only need small gauge wire for the relay coil, I soldered the leads to the switch

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.