Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,020 Posts
The importer of duplicolour paint has apparently stopped importing it. I stocked up on the cast iron engine enamel I will be using for many of the thingys parts from autobarn so they might be worth a call.

Duplicolour makes a good line that I've been using also. Their black is black, but appears a little sparkly due to the ceramic content.

·
Super Moderator
24,020 Posts
I haven't ever had anything like that happen with Duplicolor stuff.

He put it over another brand of paint. This can have unpredictable results.

·
Super Moderator
24,020 Posts
I've painted one engine and a lot of random parts in that VHT paint. I paint many parts of the bikes in that and bake it. It's very hard wearing. Also, look at their black 'case paint'. Super hard wearing when baked. I did my 500Cs handlebar controls in it 7 or 8 years back. The bike is a daily rider and there are no wear marks.

The duplicolor black is what I painted a friends motor in and what I will be using on my thingy.

I'll be using a lot of black on the thingy so I'll be using both VHT and dupilcolor blacks in satin and gloss and maybe some flat here and there or black gets monotonous.

Only my opinion though. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.