Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to order new tires, and I know the front is a 100/90/19, but what is the rear? Also, do you guys run different size tires besides stock?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
depends on the bike i know my rear is a 130-90-16 so it all depends on what you want my spare tire is a 120-90-16 so i hope that helps you out

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
depends on the bike i know my rear is a 130-90-16 so it all depends on what you want my spare tire is a 120-90-16 so i hope that helps you out

It does, gives me an idea.. I think my rear is 120, I'll have to look when I get home, was hoping to get the tires ordered today lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does, gives me an idea.. I think my rear is 120, I'll have to look when I get home, was hoping to get the tires ordered today lol.

Might help to give you the model of my bike, lol. It's a 79' CX500D

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
ok i think all the cx500c ran the same rear tire which should be the 130-90-16 i am not to sure about the deluxe though i do know that the 120 has its pros and cons one like you will notice the size difference in the turns and your rpms might increase a c hair but other than that it sounds like a good deal

oh by the way i have a 82 cx500c

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i think all the cx500c ran the same rear tire which should be the 130-90-16 i am not to sure about the deluxe though i do know that the 120 has its pros and cons one like you will notice the size difference in the turns and your rpms might increase a c hair but other than that it sounds like a good deal

oh by the way i have a 82 cx500c

Yeah the guy from bikebandit was able to look the rear up for me, and he said the front was a 110/90/19, but I recall mine being a 100/90/19.. not sure though.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Yeah the guy from bikebandit was able to look the rear up for me, and he said the front was a 110/90/19, but I recall mine being a 100/90/19.. not sure though.

Thanks again!

ok yea thats the same tire i have on my front so then you should be running the 130-90-16 rear so the 120-90-16 will work

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok yea thats the same tire i have on my front so then you should be running the 130-90-16 rear so the 120-90-16 will work

They have the rear I want, but the front is only available in the 100 series. Looking for raised white text for my cafe project

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
if the front is a 100-90-19 then it will work thats what they came with so go ahead and buy it buddy

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
not a problem thats what we are all here for just remember to take pics of the progress i am glad i could help you out

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
wouldnt hurt i know alot of guys like the cafe style of bikes oh you should also update your sig line and tell what kind of bike you have and were you are from there might be a member close by that might be willing to help you out sometime......

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
dang i wish i had some money because if i did i would ask you how much do you want for your old mirrors sense i only have one and it sucks it doesnt match my bike at all

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dang i wish i had some money because if i did i would ask you how much do you want for your old mirrors sense i only have one and it sucks it doesnt match my bike at all

If you wanna pay for shipping, they're yours. Or if you live locally you can have them for free

Edit: I used to work for fedex, so I get cheap shipping...

Double Edit: just saw AZ.. so nevermind on the locality

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
no money coming in right now on my half plus what money we do have coming in is for a new place for me and my wife and 2 yr old daughter to live.. other wise i would say sure

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no money coming in right now on my half plus what money we do have coming in is for a new place for me and my wife and 2 yr old daughter to live.. other wise i would say sure

If you wouldn't mind waiting until next thursday, I'll ship them out for free as a congratulations on the new place, how's that sound.

Just PM or email me your address

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
pm sent buddy i think you will get a laugh out of what i said in there........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts