Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spring 2014 buy: Ignitech DC-CDI-P2, brand new CDI replacement module for CX500.

THIS GROUP BUY is concluded.

Check the Buying/Selling forum of the board for the Latest Group Buy POST.

Reactions: CXPHREAK

·
Super Moderator
11,452 Posts
With the recent change in the forum software, and new memberships we see regularly, this will continue to be an incredible offering, and Cobram is to be thanked heartily for offering up the up front costs to keep these bikes on the road. Well done, sir.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree Joel, Thanks a million Cobram!

Please put me down for one unit, thanks again!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind word guys.

Well, unprecedented happenings on this order, the units are actually here! I received them today and payment for them hasn't even cleared. I got really PO'd at them because of 2 units they'd been jerking me around on for the last 6 months. Things got mixed up or whatever, but when the owner of Ignitech (Jan) found out exactly what had happened, he set their other orders aside to work on this one had it heading my way before I had even received an invoice to pay.

I will budget some time (I really wasn't expecting to be doing this so soon) to get in touch with you guys who've already contacted me. I'll get you payment info in the next day or so and the units should be shipping out by Friday at the latest.

Typing this as the snow flies outside....just saying. ;-)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Cheers Cobram. That was FAST and easy. Thank you.

1981 CX500 Custom making the transition from Bobber to Café Racer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please put me down for one. Thanks for getting another buy together.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cobram am I too late for the purchase of one of these?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my ignitech a few days ago and had time to get it installed the night before the snow began. It went in easily and I took it for a quick spin that night. With my old setup it would consistently crap out at any rev above 7k. When i fired it up I noticed after 20 or 30 seconds of warm-up it would idle at about 500 rpms or less with no stumble and no choke. On the test ride it never skipped the first time. I ran it full bore through every gear and shfted at about 8000 rpms with perfect acceleration through every gear. I am thrilled to have my old cx back. I have fought cdi/ internal engine coil problems etc since 1981 and 380,000 miles and I am betting this is the cure. Thank you Cobram for this buy. I appreciate it. Ernie

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello i believe ive sent a couple of PMs but they dont appear in my sent items in my mailbox . So im just letting you know through the thread that Id like to purchase a unit thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All, FYI, if anyone is interested I have an Ignitech cdi for an 81 CX500C on ebayy right now. I had purchased this unit myself, but come to find out after installing the new Ignitech CDI, the low speed pick up coil on my bike is bad. Do not have the funds to do triple bypass on bike like I had wanted, so I sold the bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got unit in mail today. Thanks Cobram. Looks easy to install with good directions. Did you do that cool CD wrapper? It's 4 below zero hear this morning in MN. May have to fire up the nipco heater in the shed and put this in the old CX.
Might even make spring come a little sooner.!! UFF DA...it's cold here!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi, apologies again for not getting back to those of you who have PM'd me and posted here in the last week or so, been busy.

I am putting in an order for another batch with Ignitech today, price should be the same unless something in the chain changes dramatically.

They should be ready to ship out to buyers in this group by mid to end of March.

I'm keep you posted.

Got unit in mail today. Thanks Cobram. Looks easy to install with good directions. Did you do that cool CD wrapper? It's 4 below zero hear this morning in MN. May have to fire up the nipco heater in the shed and put this in the old CX.
Might even make spring come a little sooner.!! UFF DA...it's cold here!
Real men don't let a little briskness in the air detain them from their 2 wheeled pursuits. :p

Reactions: fogelsvillejoe
1 - 20 of 126 Posts