Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Been using e10 when riding around the continenent for years. When the switchover happened here in the UK, I used it straight away (actually, most of the stations switched to it a month early!), and i've had no issues with running e10 on any of my vehicles, and only 1 of my 8 vehicles is YOUNGER than 1991.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You know, I visited for a night a b+b in Croatia one time, and as soon as I got there, the host just wanted me to drink Slivovitz with him until late. Which reminded me of my time in Ukraine where the host there just drowned us in Vodka. The thing is, that stuff is so cheap in the native country. It was like £2.50 per 1l bottle at the customs coming back into Poland. I bought 3 cartons of cigarrettes for £9 in the town of Orane/Оране in Ukraine.

Well, anyway...... enough reminiscing of when I was single, and childless. Hehe- Iooking at the official MZ manuals, the MZ's are stated to work at no lower than 79 octane...Or well, 79 octane is recommended. I'm not sure what standard of Octane was used however, so it might seem lower than it is in regards to RON.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that it was only in September (officially) last year that standard 95 octane was changed from e5 to e10. 98 octane is still e5, but of course- i'm a miser, petrol is as expensive as it is. And eventually the 98 will change too in a few years- which is something people hang onto saying "buy 98 then". The problem is it won't be around forever either, if indeed you do have problems. And.. well e10 works perfectly fine for me and my applications. In many parts of the world, e10 has been used for at least a decade.

Reactions: bahn88
1 - 2 of 2 Posts