Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of decals that I want to copy. I opened the package and actually looked at them. The general consensus is to put them on a copy/scanner machine with a grid background for size. My question is, do you have to peel the top cover off of the decal first? Would make sense since you can not see the decals too clearly otherwise. The backing comes off quite easily (sticky part). The front paper cover does not seem to. Has anyone ever applied the decals before? I am a bit apprehensive about doing this since I do not want to rip the stripes in the process. Do you then have to use them immediatly then, or was this just a protective cover?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
how did you have them printed? do you have a quick pic of the decals? If they are on vinyl (or done by a print or sign shop) they most likely have "transfer tape" on the front, which is less adherent as the vinyl and used to position, then apply the graphic where you want it.

this vid might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkGTv6vFUr0

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The decals are Honda OEM. They are actually for a '79 and I need a '80. Anyone interested in trading? I am doing this because the '80 has an orange string in the tank stripe. The '79 is black.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.