Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off this morning on a small group ride, 6 bikes. I'm just along for the ride, wasn't involved in the planning. From what it sounds like we'll be leaving Mankato shortly for Rochester then it's up in the air. Either north or south along the Mississippi. The only goal is to be home Sunday.

I'm taking the Silverwing instead of the Goldwing as a bit of an FU to the Harley riders (nice guys really) and their engines that cost many times more than 500.

Should be a good weekend, around 1000 miles or so.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Let us know how it goes. Most of my Lodge Brothers have Harleys. They are interested in my Silverwing because it is unusual.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Breakfast in Rochester at Brothers. When we stopped the FatBoy was asking all kinds of questions. I don't think he's ever seen one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Made it to Dubuque for the night. Even with the hard acceleration and wind I managed 54mpg for the day. By far the best in the group - my '82 Gli, '03 VTX 1800, '03 CBR 954, '12 Street glide, '01 FatBoy, '16 Triumph Thunderbird Commander.

After the misty first leg the wetness held off. It remained windy and in the 60s most of the day, clearing up and warming as we came into Dubuque. It was a pretty fantastic ride south on the MN/IA side of the Mississippi.

Heading back north and east to Tomah, WI tomorrow. I'd prefer more miles and fewer stops, but that's the price for riding in a group.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thanks for the report! How fast were you cruising at? I got 42mpg with my '98 Civic on my trip to Michigan. It was rated at 32mpg hiway brand new. I get a kick out of that!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How fast? Anywhere from 45 along the river to 100ish on the four lane trying to catch up to the Harleys that have group rising issues. Speeds are very erratic riding with these guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts