Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very gratefull for they excellent price of the coils that blindstitch suggested for my to buy thanks Blindstitch... However i hope they get here soon I am not sure i have ever had something take so long to get here from China before... But on the good side if these work out good i will have saved alot of money and they should be here just in time as the weather is just starting a promise of spring yippe

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
They will arrive as soon as you forget that you even ordered them. That's why I try to order most of the crap I want in the off season.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blindstitch this is so true i forgot about them a week ago then my wife reminded me when she asked when will they get here hahahaha. However i am going down to the surplus store and buying some ammo cans tomorrow I like the look of the pics members sent in and think i will give it a try. my old bags are leaky and the person who owned the bike before me had them two low and burnt the botooms so yeah i gonna do the ammo cans and paint the the color of the bike. see i have other stuff to do while i wait any suggestions on size 50 cal maybe will ahve to see whats there... enjoy everyone

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WHOO HOO coils are here installed and the bike runs sweet no more breaking up.... maybe a little treaking on the carbs and a good bath and we are riding... thanks for all the help everyone

·
Registered
102 Posts
And on top off that I don't have to get intoxicated by gas fumes anymore lol off to parts store for new plugs other ones were seriously fouled

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok now that the bike runs and dont spit and sputter i need to get the water seal, just a little drip here and then from the weep hole but i might as well do it local yamaha dealer has them well at least the part # i need $32 out the door. the AQmmo cans was a bust even the 50cal cans looked small.. so thinking of just getting a decent sissy bar bag setup and call it a day or night depends where ya at lol. Oh yeah a windshield would be a pleasure little at a time though hehehe

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry tvpeirce i was not ignoring you i was useing the phone and slid past the post but yes if ya need them they are working for me so far took about 2 weeks to get em not bad...

All good! I didn't think you were ignoring me. I figured you just saw that Stitch had answered the question.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yep got them they seem to be working awesome so far not if the rain will go away I can ride till next week when I get paid then I will tackle the front forks check springs and change oil in them

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
This bolts on with no modification?

Not exactly. Since they are 2 inches shorter than the stock ones you will need a piece of flat metal two inches long with holes drilled at each end to bolt them up. Still not hard.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Blindstitch i just bolted them on with the one screw for the back do ya think it is important to mount with the bracket if so i will cause i dont right now lol. Looks more stable your way i might have to run out to get a slice of metal a bit later... thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.