Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,still in the process of getting the sunflower back on the road.engine in on lower rear fixing.all painted up.

im looking at 2 sets of carbs,the set that come on the bike[80,s] and a bay set i got for spares[82]with bad fnv,s.

iv opted to clean and put on the bay set.stripped them down of jets etc.rigged a concrete vibrating poker up.

set on a timer,10 minutes every hour,for 24 hours.

3000Hz and vibrates at 18000 vpm.

it worked really well,i cant believe the crap that came out.

ok,not up to larry,s standard,but who is....

onwards and upwards

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Love it !

If you got the gear why the hell not try it?

To be a pedantic PITA tho' it has to be above the 20000 Hz region to be 'Ultra sonic'

We dont want the advertising standards authority breathing down our necks so we?

'Legal decent honest truthful' and all that malarkey.

No worries tho, as yer marketing manager I've come up with some snapply slogans

that should keep us out of chokey.

Try our new Vibratopoke. It gets in areas other cleaners cant reach !

Buy one get one free !

Mrs Stubbins of Nempnet Thrubwell said "I had annoying particles in my recesses

but my Vibratopoke really puts a smile on my face"

Y'know, stuff like that.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Good show, Bandit. As Reg says, it really doesn't qualify as a ultrasonic, but if the thing works, use it. As my pappy used to say, "It aint the length of the rope that gets the water out of the well, its how you jiggle the bucket". My wife agrees.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
hell its even like philbrewers with the big bucket and the sander........

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Good show, Bandit. As Reg says, it really doesn't qualify as a ultrasonic, but if the thing works, use it. As my pappy used to say, "It aint the length of the rope that gets the water out of the well, its how you jiggle the bucket". My wife agrees.

I'm wondering exactly what Blue meant by the last part of his comment above .....wondering if I'm reading into it more than he meant to put into it....LMAO.

BTW very inventive Bandit !!

·
Registered
273 Posts
My wife is wanting to ask Mrs Stubbins of Nempnet Thrubwell where she can purchase said Vibratopoke.

I didn't know she even had a set of dirty carbs.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you guys do make me laugh.and you Reg,well,what can i say.lmao.

my thoughts were,as in re-inforced concrete.if you can displace air out of tiny pockets,then by physics,something will take its place,in this case,cleaner.

whether the vibration really shakes the built up dirt out,when i nail them on the bike,ill know

my old hunting ground.....nempnett thrubwell

quite a few of my friends got married here,and buried here

·
Registered
670 Posts

I have a shirt that reads- "It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle the worm"

·
Registered
745 Posts
amigo,,your my kinda man i had asked regarding this method,,,,,i'll try a sander,,,,,, don,t have a cementt vibrator,,,,,,what solutions did you use ?. i have a second carb i want to clean...and i have alot of time on my hands...great job!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Raul,theres nothing like having the correct tool for the job.but,sometimes,you just have to make do,and hopefully achieve the right results.

i could never get one fvn on the 82 carb to seal correct.so,i pulled both off the 80.floats and needles,and switched over.

bench synched,cleaned painted and tested for leaks.so far so good.

now they can make friends with the engine

·
Registered
203 Posts
ok,still in the process of getting the sunflower back on the road.engine in on lower rear fixing.all painted up.

im looking at 2 sets of carbs,the set that come on the bike[80,s] and a bay set i got for spares[82]with bad fnv,s.

iv opted to clean and put on the bay set.stripped them down of jets etc.rigged a concrete vibrating poker up.

set on a timer,10 minutes every hour,for 24 hours.

3000Hz and vibrates at 18000 vpm.

it worked really well,i cant believe the crap that came out.

ok,not up to larry,s standard,but who is....

onwards and upwards

crude design lookes like it workes well

1979 honda cx 500

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.