Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you're looking for replacement switch gear - stick with oem from a newer honda. This stuff is junk.

This is as far as I could drive the two screws, the buttons feel brittle. I'm just really mad at myself for not spending the coin.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No need to beat yourself up too much. $10 is actually a dirt-cheap price to learn a valuable lesson which will save you much more than $10 in the future.

Reactions: RaabsIn513

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you drill a locating hole for the pin on the bottom half to keep it from rotating? Just asking.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Did you drill a locating hole for the pin on the bottom half to keep it from rotating? Just asking.
Good point- if the pin has nowhere to go, you would have the gap (between the housing and the bar) shown in your photos. And that could account for the alignment problems (looks to me like the screws won't go in because the two halves are not lined up right).
But I have to agree, that unit looks pretty cheesy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a good lessen. Seems all of the aftermarket switchgear is disappointingly cheap and flimsy- Yamaha and Honda copies are for sure, in my experience. And don't be tempted to buy some of those Thailand sourced "oem" switches and electrical parts on eBay. They all seem to lose something in translation- different wire colors for supposedly the same parts number, different internals. Frustrating and not worth it!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I bought CBR600RR controls from a wrecker. Those crazy CBR guys are always kindly donating their bikes for parts to the wreckers! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts