Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for one of these for some time now but it always seems like they only pop up for sale on the east or west coast....and most of those that do are low mileage examples that belong in a museum.

Were most of these only shipped to dealers on the coast when originally sold?

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I think that Honda shipped their new bikes to two locations, one port on the east coast and on on the west coast.
The CX650T was not going to sell well so Honda decided to donate the left over stock ( 500 aprox ) to technical schools ( we call them a CX650T schoolbike )
These school bikes with low or no mileage came slowly into the market in the last 20 years or so.
I presume that Honda for transport costs "forgot" to donate some bikes to the central part of the USA......;)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Honda also used to ship bikes into New Orleans for the middle part of the country. As to the school bikes, I think they were just leftover bikes at dealers across the country who had unsold bikes in inventory. I have bought three school bikes from Illinois, Kansas, and Louisiana over the years. I have also bought motors and frames from Florida and Minnesota. They popped up for sale in Minnesota, Idaho, Wisconsin, and Alabama.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I have been looking for one of these for some time now but it always seems like they only pop up for sale on the east or west coast....and most of those that do are low mileage examples that belong in a museum.

Were most of these only shipped to dealers on the coast when originally sold?
Watch the ads on this forum for bikes that are a good value. You may find a 10,000 to 20,000 mile bike that has been ridden and well cared for in the $4000 to $6000 range. I do not recommend project bikes as the labor and parts situation will quickly erode any savings you might realize. Always buy the best bike you can afford. I would suggest not buying a bike that needs motor work (1000-3000), bodywork (2000), or that has missing parts.

Reactions: elrodicater
1 - 5 of 5 Posts