Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a few post, but none outlining my exact goals, I just had at it this morning.

Basically, I cut the pins off (hold the front rubber bushings), drilled a hole to locate new pins (long rod cut to inside length of tank), drilled a new hole forward of the rear tab bolt and that's it. What took the longest was figuring out where to drill for the new pin location. Basically it's between the two stock locations and slightly lower as I'm mounting my tank horizontal, not raked like the factory set-up. I also had some extra rubber bushing form a radiator that fit the front of the tank but was wider than stock, worked perfect! I still need to raise the rear of the tank to ensure it being horizontal, but that should be easy.

Anyone want to buy my perfectly straight and in working order GL tank? Cap and key included too.

I was going to post some pics but just figured there is no way of posting without an outside image url. Grrr.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Pics would be great! Tinypic.com is easy. Im fixing to do this swap. So you drilled a hole all the way thru and used one rod? Is it secured by anything?where could I get some rubbers that would fit? Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.