Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put a cheap rattle can paint job on it and messed around with some pin striping............... What do you guys think??????????

youtube link

Which Tank looks more aesthetically pleasing to you? (and im working on a paint scheme)

·
Registered
313 Posts
2nd the custom

·
Registered
151 Posts
I like the deluxe tank. For one, it keeps it from looking like a Harley. Mainly, I think it looks meaner and a bit more vintage.

·
Registered
131 Posts
im gonna have to agree, with above. The deluxe works more for a cafe styled bike, the custom with its sleek shape fits ur bike much better

·
Registered
22 Posts
custom .. it's a chopper/bobber style not a cafe racer. Hands down the first one .. then sell me that tank!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well I went ahead and painted the custom tank............... I'm not 100% sold on it unless i change up my handle bars................ so thats next

I love it! I wouldn't change a thing man. That two tone paint job is really cool and I like the raked out stretched look you got goin. The pipes look mean and I like those little tail lights. VERY cool in my opinion.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The custom tank and paint scheme look sweet but, it needs a big round headlight. I know you didnt ask but i think it would top it all off!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Amazing how the rear break hub, shifter, kick stand, starter, oil stick and front disk break are on the right side. How did he do that???

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The custom tank and paint scheme look sweet but, it needs a big round headlight. I know you didnt ask but i think it would top it all off!

I agree... Its been annoying me ........ I'm struggling with trying to make the bike look different but still eye pleasing

·
Registered
125 Posts
Didnt pay attention that your in Spanaway I need to come see this bike in person. looks awesome. I like the custom tank better

·
Registered
29 Posts
hows that thing ride and handle? I just raked mine out also but you went a little more extreme than I did. mine is still in chop so

I have not rode it yet but the bars want to flop over slightly sitting still I can't imagine how bad it is on your set up!!!

Also whats up with the mirror image pics?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts