Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Anyone out there know where I can get decals for my tank and side covers for my 81cx? The guy I bought it from striped them off getting ready to repaint.

Thanks

Dan

·
Super Moderator
15,400 Posts
Custom or Deluxe? There are some aftermarket companies out there but I don't think many good sources have came up. At best I would get the cx500 decals and wing decals and find someone who lays pinstriping and see what they have to say or offer.

If all we're talking about is the skinny and fat strip than it isn't really that hard to lay down. I have done it several times with success. And even a newb could do it with some practice.

http://youtu.be/3xdpGwXhNI8

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Custom or Deluxe? There are some aftermarket companies out there but I don't think many good sources have came up. At best I would get the cx500 decals and wing decals and find someone who lays pinstriping and see what they have to say or offer.

If all we're talking about is the skinny and fat strip than it isn't really that hard to lay down. I have done it several times with success. And even a newb could do it with some practice.

http://youtu.be/3xdpGwXhNI8

Custom

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
If you like my style....just the one tone paint with the decal I can see if the guy I got them from still has any. I asked for someone else earlier this year and he did have a couple more sets (side cover decals that is). Then I just ordered the standard Honda logo decals for the tank from Bike Bandit.

I think you can see mine pretty well by clicking on my pics below int the signature line.

The side cover decals were $25 total for both sides.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all that have replied! It looks like decals will have to wait.....$$$$

Maybe I'll try to find a friend who knows their way around with an air brush and put some custom artwork on my custom!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.