Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I kept thinking about how I could make cheap heated gloves for my bike and not burn holes in everything and throw my money away. Well I hit ebay and god the gloves are expensive. Then I was reading over a few Milwaukee Vintage Moto posts that I commented on last month about heated gear where I remember a guy offered another a set of gerbing gloves for $75.

It's to good of a deal but I wasn't sure if the guy actually went through with it. So I emailed the seller this morning around 1am to ask. This morning I woke up with an email saying that they were still available and I could have them and a controller for $50. The gloves had only been used once and the guy then sold the bike he bought them for.

So for $50 I got Gerbing Classic heated gloves, all the wiring, and a controller. This is what my score looks like.

Oh did I mention that they even came with the original receipt? Estimated savings of $150. Cant beat that.

I even hooked them up to a battery I have in the apartment just to test them out since it was snowing out and I had to look at the car before work. Yep the flange on the catalytic converter rusted off. Lets just see how cheap the fix is tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy was really nice. Not only did he give me a good deal that I wasn't even going to haggle with but he showed me around his garage and even took me inside to see his vintage Ducati. And his wife didn't even care. She was like. Oh that's the bike room. It was on a special carpet but the place had nice wood floors.

Even before I knew they were going to fit I figured I had to buy them. If they didn't fit I was just going to let them go cheap on here. But they're mine now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.