Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I helped this gentleman with his web site and he is giving us a discount because of it. 11/15/16 Update ... He has told me that he is now giving discounts to several other forums. So it isn't exclusively us.

Hi David

I set up the coupon code for the forum. it’s 10% off most items.
the code is:
CX50010%
Please fee free to circulate the code on the forum.
As soon as I get a chance I will take a look at your suggestions.
Thanks!
Rufus Ashford
http://4into1.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Its my opinion that the 10% discount that we get from discounthondaparts should be stickied in like manner that this discount is stickied. There could also be a disclaimer that this 10% discount does not guarantee the lowest possible price on honda parts, but it is typically competetive with and similar to, if not lower than other discounters.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Tony, start a thread outlining the discount etc. and I'll stick it.
Its in the quick reference. I'm on mobile and can't function copy/paste 100%. I'll make a link to the post. I don't kniw why this is on the other bb except that the discount was acquired during some of the intermittant times of the former Bulletin Boards.

http://globalcxglvtwins.forumlaunch.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=536

The wordin is still appropriate concerning the shipping to canada. Plus if you just have a small order of some sealsand gaskets it doesn't hurt to ask John if he can ship for actual shipping charges rather than the flat rate schedule.

CXPHREAK; Feel free to copy this over to a new post on this BB and add some wording that with this discount there is no low price guarantee implied and that slightly better deals may sometimes/occassionally be had from other sellers on particular items.

Also; the copy in the red on the post on the gllobalcx/glforums site would be more appropriate at tge bottom of the post. It was the result of some disgruntled canadian purchasers who hadn't read the section on discounthindas website about international shipments.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its my opinion that the 10% discount that we get from Discount Honda Parts should be stickied in like manner that this discount is stickied. There could also be a disclaimer that this 10% discount does not guarantee the lowest possible price on Honda parts, but it is typically competitive with and similar to, if not lower than other discounters.
Tony, I never said this place was the cheapest. There are some good prices for sure, but it is nice that he is offering the forum members a discount when he doesn't have to do that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Note that the 10% discount only works for some items as mentioned. I recently bought a few parts from 4-into-1 and wasn't granted the 10% off on the TRR400 fork caps so I messaged Rufus. His reply:

"The 10% off coupon works for about 90% of the items we carry. The only things it doesn’t work on are brands that are price controlled like a Biltwell, Motion Pro, TTR400, etc."

·
Registered
779 Posts
I used 4in1.com a few weeks ago, before I even saw Dave's thoughtful post.

4into1 had some great prices, fast shipping and I was very glad I found them.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
CX50010% worked for me! I love this (CX500forum.com) and that (4into1.com) site.
We are glad for this current report on one of our suggested outlets! Thank you for posting!

By the way ToyCloser, take a look at my link below for Forum Settings. These will help us help you.

·
Registered
776 Posts
This discount code still works. And I paid $23.50 for all four H-box gaskets shipped, shipping being under $5.00. Seemed like everyone else was looking for something near $10 per gasket.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts