Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for another CX650t. I do not want an expensive restored bike and would prefer a lower mileage bike in good running order. I need a complete, as close to original bike as possible. Appearance wise I would like something that is visually a 6 or better on a 1-10 scale with 10 being showroom new. I am in Arkansas and can pick up the bike or arrange to have it shipped if it is in the US. You can PM here or email me: evholman at gmail dot com

Ed

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You want a low mileage cheap CX650 Turbo....

Me too...and everyone else in the world....

PK
Pete, I did not say cheap. I know there are a bunch of $3000 to $5000 bikes out there. I am just trying to get an okay looking runner. I was hoping someone in snow country would want to get rid of their turbo and buy something practical like a snowmobile.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Pete, I did not say cheap. I know there are a bunch of $3000 to $5000 bikes out there. I am just trying to get an okay looking runner. I was hoping someone in snow country would want to get rid of their turbo and buy something practical like a snowmobile.

Ed,

I haven't seen anything low mileage in decent condition go for under 5k for a long long time...

500T is a different story, but 650T's are becoming rare. Australia will buy almost anything 650T that can be bought, and will pay beyond fair price.

If I come up with anyting I'll let you know. There was one that just sold in California this morning.

PK

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ed,

I haven't seen anything low mileage in decent condition go for under 5k for a long long time...

500T is a different story, but 650T's are becoming rare. Australia will buy almost anything 650T that can be bought, and will pay beyond fair price.

If I come up with anyting I'll let you know. There was one that just sold in California this morning.

PK

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,069 Posts
I am looking for another CX650t. I do not want an expensive restored bike and would prefer a lower mileage bike in good running order. I need a complete, as close to original bike as possible. Appearance wise I would like something that is visually a 6 or better on a 1-10 scale with 10 being showroom new. I am in Arkansas and can pick up the bike or arrange to have it shipped if it is in the US. You can PM here or email me: evholman at gmail dot com

Ed
Thought you had 2 already? Oh.. forgot, one is getting trashed to be a race bike..

And you want a rider?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Ed
I found a nice low mileage bike to buy, but with gas prices it will probably be cheaper to have it shipped than to drive 2000 miles each way to pick it up. I need some advice on shipping companies. Can anyone tell me names of companies you have used and whether you would recommend them. Thanks

Ed

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, I will start there.

Ed
Thanks for all the tips guys. I contacted U-Ship and got bids from $590 to $1057. I didn't hire the cheapest guy, but I found a guy based about 30 miles away who is about to bring a load back from California and he had the best reviews on U-ship of the people who bid. Now the part that worries me. The guy lives on the beach in California and I am praying that he is above sea level so we don't have to fish the bike off his roof to ship it after this tsunami heads his way today.

Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.