Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this picture on my desktop - dragged it from a listing for a 650 Turbo that was for sale. Of course now I can't find the listing... Did anyone see this?

Oh, and I think this my first new thread on the new forum.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely changes the look. Would be nice if it goes on and off easily...

·
Registered
583 Posts
I like it.

Does that make me a sissy?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Big difference between a sissy bar on a cruiser bike and one on something like a CXT. A brush guard looks great on a 4X4 truck but not a Porsche.

Only thing that could destroy the looks even more would be one of those extra tall (extra flaming gay) windshields. Ride around on a bike like that and you may as well get yourself some Elton John sunglasses to complete the absurd look.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I use a 6" over windshield in the winter. . . . . it's gayness depends on the angle you look at the bike.

However, it keeps the mist off me face, and a little warmer. If that makes me gay, then rename me Za Za, and ship me off to La Cage Aux Folles.

In the summer, generally I run no shield at all because of the buffeting from the stock height shield.

All joking aside, I have seen, once in my life, a very short backrest/luggage rack on a turbo.

The rack was designed to hold a battery in the event of a stator failure.

Nowhere near as ugly as the one pictured.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I agree this looks terrible, but what about a top trunk? I thought I had seen one several years ago that someone had modified from a different bike (500 silverwing?) I think it would look better than the milk crate I have used in the past

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have one of these sissy bars for the CX650TD that came with the bike separately when I purchased it from the elderly gentleman in Cape Cod, MA. He & his wife used to ride on occasion & think he took it off to sell the bike ? It's in like new condition but I'll never put it back on. If you're interested, make me an offer. If you don't like it, send it back & I'll return your funds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.