Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner of a CX650T. The main issues with the bike are a broken speedometer and broken ignition switch. Does anyone know if there are any other compatible Honda ignition switches? The one on the CX650T looks a heck of a lot like the one on my CBR600F2. In the same manner, are there any compatible speedometer innards in the Honda world that anyone knows of? Assuming I can't fix the speedo in there, coming up with a replacement may be difficult given the rarity of the bike.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Depending on how the switch broke, there is a how to fix on this site. It's fairly common.
The 500t control may be compatible, but I have never tried it.

As to the speedo, in a pinch, the 500t is compatible, but it is an 85mph speedo.

·
Registered
24,169 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
As to the speedo, in a pinch, the 500t is compatible, but it is an 85mph speedo.
You could also try looking in Canada... Their speedos have speed markings in both MPH as well as KPH and don't have the silly speed marking restrictions that US bikes had in 82. The KPH scale is larger and on the outside, while the MPH scale is smaller, colored white, and on the inside. I'd guess that it would raise a few eyebrows and start a couple of conversations since the outer scale goes from 0 to 240....... if they don't notice, you don't need to tell them its really KPH :). I believe that the site that they use to post items for sale is kijiji..... If I am wrong, perhaps a Canadian can point us in the right direction. P.S. check first with your MV department if installing one of these would be legal in your state....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts