Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1983 CX650C
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, but been around bikes for 40 years and owned almost as many. But here was my issue. In all the searches and videos on this thing, nobody that I could find spoke of the relationship or interaction of the primary and secondary main jets on the 650 carbs. That setup was new to me..

So it seems the primary main jets impact the mid-range substantially. I added pods and rejected the mains (secondary) and pilots and found that although the bike ran ok, it was pretty soft through the middle of the revs and hit pretty hard around 6-7k. So I remembered I had an old power up jet kit and started expirementing. Indeed boosting those primary sizes from 78 to 90 pretty much took care of the problem. Now I know this may be trivial to many of you regulars, but it sure would have been helpful for me if someone would have touched on it in my searches. Hoping this might help someone else.

·
Registered
1983 CX650C
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I guess finding this site before I started would have saved me quite a bit of searching, but good that I ended up where I needed to be with the carbs anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts