Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, since I haven't manage to find a suitable replacement for my broken/melted starter button I'm having to look at some different options. Does anyone know about the wires that come from the starter button. I guess, I'd like to know where they all go but specifically which one is for the petrol pump. I've looked at various wiring diagrams but can't seem to find the information or can't zoom in enough to find it.

From my starter button itself, I have:

1 x black solid wire - side of button
1 x Blue with white line - back and bottom of starter button
1 x black with red line - back middle of starter button
1 x hello with red line - back top of starter button.

All the others are for the kill switch and Brake switch.

Thanks in Advance
Steve (Melbourne Australia)

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
If you don't have it, the Factory Service Manual is in the WIKI HERE. It has a wiring diagram in it near the end, but it really is not very clear if you try zooming in.
Also, HERE is the parts list manual, in case you need it.
That's all I can find now. The WIKI might still have what you need, buried in the archives. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
5,797 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ramprat06 & reclinedrelic - I have reached out to Motofaction with no joy and just can't Xoom in enough on the service manual. thanks for your responses....

·
Super Moderator
5,797 Posts
Open the link I posted in #3. Click on the wiring diagram and download it as a pdf. You can zoom in on that and see the finer details. Here is a screen capture.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Schematic

If you right click on this and select view image you can zoom in some more.

·
Registered
CX650 motor project into a CX500 Turbo Frame - ongoing
234 Posts
@Kendallsr this is in jpg image format if that helps:

Font Rectangle Schematic Slope Parallel

·
Super Moderator
5,797 Posts
Does anyone know about the wires that come from the starter button. I guess, I'd like to know where they all go but specifically which one is for the petrol pump.
The fuel pump is controlled by the ECU.

The start button itself, according to the posted diagrams, has two wires:yellow with red tracer and black. I believe that you are describing the wires at the connector? If so, as you scan the wiring diagram look for the wires which also use that connector,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fuel pump is controlled by the ECU.

The start button itself, according to the posted diagrams, has two wires:yellow with red tracer and black. I believe that you are describing the wires at the connector? If so, as you scan the wiring diagram look for the wires which also use that connector,
Thank you Mike, the picture below is from my cx650 T starter button. I have four wires. The black connects to the left side. Where as three connect to the back with Yellow & red, black & red and the final is blue & white. I'm trying to get an understanding of where there four wires connect to via red Bloch on the bike so as I can use something similar.

Thanks for your time
Stephen
Office equipment Cable Desk Computer keyboard Electronic device

Office equipment Cable Desk Computer keyboard Electronic device

·
Super Moderator
5,797 Posts
How many connections does the red block have? If I am reading the wiring diagram correctly it is the 9P-R connector block.

I'm not sure if this applies to turbo models but this shows the use of different wiring colours on Honda bikes.

Azure Font Aqua Material property Parallel

The bottom wire colour given as yellow should be yellow/red, from start switch to the starer relay.

If this applies to turbo bike the blue/white goes to the dip/dimmer switch, the black/red is from the fuse box to the start switch, black is from the ignition switch to thhe start switch and the yellow/red is from the start switch to the starter relay. This colour chart may be for North American bikes where the head light comes on with the key switch and goes off during the time the start switch is engaged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, since I haven't manage to find a suitable replacement for my broken/melted starter button I'm having to look at some different options. Does anyone know about the wires that come from the starter button. I guess, I'd like to know where they all go but specifically which one is for the petrol pump. I've looked at various wiring diagrams but can't seem to find the information or can't zoom in enough to find it.

Thanks in Advance
Had the same issue;
part number 35013 MCJ 672 will work .
Its off a 2000 HondaVFR9?? parts still available.
You will need to splice in the wires and heat tape.
Also grind the bar locator off. Just did mine. Perfect

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks in Advance
It's embarrassing to admit and say however, after messing around with this for some time a second hand Honda VF750F2 '83 R/H switch block fitted with no change to anything! I guess I wasn't overly confident to simply try it and when I did, it works perfectly..... Oh well, at least it works now. Thanks for all the support and help with this....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts