Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Desperately seeking cx650 turbo right block switch. or just the lower part with the starter button in place. I'm located in Melbourne however, will pay postage anywhere world wide. My starter button short circuited and fell out..... Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,734 Posts
You could try this. I've fitted a few to N/A CX500s now. It would allow you to start the bike until you can source an OEM switch.

Jaycar SPO657 momentary switch.

Don't know if it will fit your turbo but they're only about $5.

Gas Motor vehicle Machine Engineering Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Afternoon all, still had no joy getting the starter button for my Cx650 turbo. have tried a couple of other models but I'm need to work through the cabling.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had the same problem starter button fell out the handle. Search all over the net to find a replacement. Bought a right handle from a VF750F which looked on the outside exacly the same. Disassembled it but the internal was very different and not usable. So only option was to repair the old button. Made a tiny block brass with the axle soldered on and drilled a hole 2mm trough the button and in the brass block tapping screw thread M2 to secure it. It is al very tiny and the axle have to be exacly on the right place.
A lot of work for such a small part but my starter button works perfect again.
Picture 2 left the VF750F button so not usable
Table Wood Wood stain Floor Flooring

Wood Fashion accessory Auto part Electric blue Plastic

Wood Rectangle Circuit component Cable Hardwood

Wood Hardwood Fashion accessory Flooring Electronic component

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats look really neat and good. I got a 3D printed option of the button buts its very temperamental and doesn't align well with the contacts. I too haven't managed to source another. What you've achieved seems very tricky and would obviously need some skills... Maybe you can patent the brass part and sell???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts