Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea how many of the 650 turbo bikes are still around?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I would guess less than 500 are still in running, or nice looking condition. Honda made something like 1700 and gave away hundreds as school bikes here in the US, so I doubt world wide sales were less than 1000 and 500 still running would be a generous guess. It may only be half of that number.

·
Registered
60 Posts
In UK it's about 53 registered cx650t -13 of it taxed and on the road,
I would say large number of these bike are US import

Interesting fact is that there is only 20 of cx500t -only 7 are taxed on the road- what makes it even more rear bike despite was produced in much greater number

·
Registered
26 Posts
Surprised it is that low but I know these figures are inaccurate. I have a CX500T and a 650T on the road in the UK. The 500 was an import however and does not have model listed on the registration so I guess it won't be counted in the above figures. I have another 500 being rebuilt so hopefully at some point in the next year it will be counted in the above figures!

·
Registered
26 Posts
#1472 is alive and well in the UK. Not been out yet since its rebuild so no idea how it runs as it needed head gaskets

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Maybe someone with programing know-how could make a cx registry by serial number. With most people likely on the internet by now, it might get populated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tony G funny you should suggest this cause I have been pulling one together for a while. Basically this is done from where I have seen bikes for sale on the various sites I stalk.
I will list this in a new post but some people get a bit precious about confidentiality so don't expect everyone will help build the register.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Further to this, have just looked at my records (for the CX650T only, not the 500) which I have been keeping for about 3 years now, several bikes have a sale history now. I have 30 bikes on the list with all info having been gained from public webspace. Including bikes in UK, NZ, and Australia and obviously the US.

Feel free to send me your details (either here or to my email [email protected]) if you like and I will add to the list before publishing on the forum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts