Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 650 turbo needs a stator and before I tackle the job I thought I’d ask everyones input.
Anything else I should do while the engine is out?
I understand pulling the water pump impeller can be difficult. Any tips.
I hear Custom Rewind is where I need to go for the replacement stator but does anyone have experience with Ricky Stator or Electrex. I don’t want to deal with Chinese junk.

At this point I might also consider bailing on this bike before I dive into it if someone is interested in investing some sweat equity to acquire a clean well maintained 650 Turbo. We don‘t really need two.
PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
where are you located, any pics?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Timing chain if unknown mileage, water pump seal, fuel filter, send fuel injectors to Deatwerks for flow testing.
Research removing the sensor rotor so you do not break the camshaft.
I used Custom Rewind.

Reactions: DangerWillRobinson

·
Registered
75 Posts
I believe I have a NOS stator for a 650T if your interested.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I used Custom Rewind
I'm not sure of the status of Custom Rewind at this point? I got one from them a while back and Gary has a debilitating illness so i don't know if someone else is taking over the business or not? If anyone knows it would be nice to have an update.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm not sure of the status of Custom Rewind at this point? I got one from them a while back and Gary has a debilitating illness so i don't know if someone else is taking over the business or not? If anyone knows it would be nice to have an update.
The stator is out and has been sent to
Custom Rewind.
301 Rouse Rd
Sumilton AL 35418
They are in business and promised one day turn around $140.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Thanks for the update, glad to hear they are still in business!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts