Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So I've recently acquired a 650 turbo from France but it has no history of registration, the previous owner was gifted it and his research showed no sign of registration in France.

It's in pretty good condition with 25k miles on the clock.

Anybody got previous knowledge of anything similar being sold? What did they go for?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
:unsure::unsure::unsure:....That can be a loaded question....if the consensus is your bike is worth half of what you paid...you'll be disappointed.
If the concensus is you got a bargin you'll be happy.....

Having aquired a CX650T...you should already be happy......

·
Registered
765 Posts
Is it an American version with silver comstar rims ? or a European with gold rims ?

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,293 Posts
If the speedometer is in miles it has to be either a US or UK model. What colour rims did they come with in the UK? Or do you know for sure that it is the US version (maybe you found a VIN/information plate on the steering head?)

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you do part it dibs on the motor. It would go nicely with my chopped up sleeper turd

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
Without paperwork it is a parts bike. Some of the parts are quite valuable. If you can get paperwork then you should ride it.

I was thinking that it might have been a school bike but it has too much mileage to be one of those.

For you US members lusting after the parts, consider shipping costs from the UK.

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,064 Posts
If you do part it dibs on the motor. It would go nicely with my chopped up sleeper turd
You're going to ship a 650 Turbo engine from England? For a rat bike?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts